Plan Change 27
Proposed Plan Change 27 ‘Nelson Tasman Land Development Manual 2019 Plan Change’ relates to the Nelson Resource Management Plan.
Notification Date: 15 July 2019
The Nelson Tasman Land Development Manual 2019 (NTLDM) and associated practice notes will replace the Nelson Land Development Manual 2010 on 1 July 2019.
Submissions are now closed
Submissions for Plan Change 27 closed at 4pm on Monday 12 August 2019.
This plan change proposes to update the Nelson Resource Management Plan as follows:
- Externally referencing the Nelson Tasman Land Development Manual 2019, and specific chapters of the NTLDM, where relevant, throughout the Nelson Resource Management Plan, in doing so replacing all references to the Nelson City Council Land Development Manual 2010 as a means of ascertaining consent status, and as matters for control or discretion, or as assessment criteria for certain activities including, but not limited to, subdivisions.
- Revising the building over or alongside drains rule where it appears in the Nelson Resource Management Plan Zone chapters, the effect of which is to:
- alter the consent status of some contravening activities from controlled activities to restricted discretionary activities;
- make any building within 3m of the top of a bank of an open drain a discretionary activity; and
- make the rule operate in a standalone manner, independent of the NTLDM.
Please note, if you have an Open Drain or Ditch near to or on your property and you wanted to build over this open drain or build within 3m of the top of the bank of the open drain in the future it becomes a Discretionary Activity (requires a Resource Consent that the Council may or may not grant for any relevant resource management reason).
- Consequential amendments to the Nelson Resource Management Plan including:
- replacing references to LDM ‘minimum’ standards and ‘design guidance’ with references to NTLDM ‘mandatory matters’ or ‘standards’ and ‘good practice (guidance)’;
- replacing the description for the LDM with one for the NTLDM in Chapter 3 (Administration);
- amending the definitions for ‘all weather surface’ and ‘permanent surface’; and
- replacing the standards for minimum distance of vehicle crossings from intersections, maximum number and minimum spacing of vehicle crossings, design of vehicle access, vehicle oriented commercial activities, and clearances additional to tracking curves in Appendices 11 and 12, with references to the NTLDM, where they are now contained.
Please note that your address is required to be made publicly available under the Resource Management Act 1991, as any further submission supporting or opposing this submission is required to be forwarded to you as well as council
Plan change information
- Please refer to the Nelson Tasman Land Development Manual 2019
- Nelson Resource Management Plan Proposed Plan Change 27 NTLDM for Notification (1.1MB PDF)
- Proposed Plan Change 27 Section 32 (1.2MB PDF)
For more information please contact Rebecca Dowling, Planning Administrator +64 3 265 6222.