Proposed building consent exemptions
From August 2020 new types of building consent exemptions will be added to the Building Act.
COVID-19 Level 2
The Building Unit will continue to operate the same as under levels 3 and 4, with most staff working from home.
Duty Building enquiries
Our office is closed to walk-in customers until further notice. Duty Building queries can be made by calling the customer services team on 03 546 0200. You can request a callback or zoom meeting if preferable.
Processing of consents
Council will continue to process building consents electronically although capacity may be impacted at times. Applications can be made online via the Council website.
Inspection bookings can be made by telephoning 03 546 0334 as usual.
Points to note:
- All large commercial sites will be required to provide a new remote Covid-19 induction prior to the arrival of inspectors on site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. If this is not in place, the inspection will not be undertaken.
- All professional sites are required to have a Covid-19 control plan on site, and sign-in protocol in place for all staff and visitors, see www.chasnz.org/covid19. If this is not in place, the inspection will not be undertaken.
We understand that homeowners will not have a plan, but all requesters will be contacted to confirm the following points prior to receiving their inspection booking:
- We will not inspect if anyone in the residence/on-site has symptoms of respiratory illness
- We will not inspect if anyone in the residence/on-site has, or has been in contact with anyone who is, confirmed or suspected of having Covid-19
- At all times please ensure everyone in the residence/on-site maintains a distance of at least 2m from the Inspector
- When we inspect please open all doors that we will be required to gain access during the inspection
- Pets must be contained in a separate area from that which we will be inspecting
Code compliance certificates
These are being processed as normal, please provide all CCC applications and paperwork through either the portal or as requested.